When it comes to the identification of a business or work, then what do you think which is the best and easiest way to identify it? I know most of the people will say, it's the good work that particular company do, but this time you are wrong, my friend. As one of the best way with the help of which you can quickly identify and recognize a business or company is with the help of a trademark.
What? Why are you looking at me like this? Don't you know what a trademark is? If yes, then I am here to help you as in this article we are going to discuss everything about the trademark. From what is trademark to what to do for trademark registration and many more things related to the trademark.
What is a trademark?
Trademark is a type of expression with the help of which people can identify or recognize a particular company. These are specially designed signs which given a company it's a unique reorganization. Moreover, it is one of the essential things also, as, without a trademark, you would not be able to work on your business.
There are several uses and benefits of trademarks, we will discuss everything in this article. Have you ever heard about trade names? Before moving further, let us first have a look at how are trademarks different from trade names.
As we discussed that trademark is used for identification purpose with the help of which a person can quickly identify a particular company's product and services. While on the other hand trade name is a type of business name that is being used for commercial purpose, selling products purpose and for almost every purpose in which a trademark can serve. You can even use trade names as a trademark; the only difference would be that in the case of a trademark you are going to use a designed logo, while in the case of trade name you will have your company's full name on it.
While reading all these things about trademark, it must be looking at that trademark, and all is so easy, and there must be no chaos in the production of it. But it's not like that, as when you are dealing with a trademark or creating a trademark for your new business or company, then at that time you should have proper knowledge of copyrights. There are several copyright issues in which you can get and can put yourself in trouble, let us have a look at those issues to never get in them-
- The first copyright issue you should take care while creating a trademark is that it should not be copied from any other existing trademark.
- The second most crucial issue that people face with their trademark is to renew their rights. There is a particular timing after which you should renew the rights of your trademark, while there are several people who do not take care of this issue as they think that one-time rights buying is enough and they don't need to renew it, but it's essential.
Benefits of a trademark-
Here is the list of benefits that you can gain by using a trademark-
- The first benefit of using a trademark is that you would be able to give a unique identification to your business and it’s products and services. People from all over the world would be able to know about your company with the help of your unique trademark.
- The second benefit that you will have with the help of a trademark is that you would be able to get whole rights of it, with which you will be able to sell your products and services all over the world.
- You would be able to use a trademark as your company’s logo for its websites, packaging and for many such purposes.
- When you complete the trademark registration process, then you would be able to use the registered symbol or work R on your products and services, which comes under the list of services registered.
- With the help of a trademark, you would be able to notice that people will start building trust on your products and services more than those companies who are not having a registered trademark.
- Trademarks work as a mark on identification; several companies are known just by having a look at their trademarks. Some of those companies are Adidas, Puma, Apple, Reebok and many more. All these companies have their trademarks, which are highly famous all over the world and people directly know these companies by their trademarks.
Trademark Registration Process-
Those who want to register a trademark for their small/medium/large companies do follow all the points listed below-
- The first step in the trademark registration process is to research for a trademark. For finding the perfect trademark, you can research on it and find a try of trademark, which has not been used till now by any company.
- The next step when you have found or created a unique trademark for your company, then for brand registration you need to fill an application for of TM-A from the trademark registration office. For the trademark registration, you would have to fill a certain amount of fee also.
- After once the trademark is approved and registered successfully, you would be able to use it for various purposes in your company.
- For different places, there are various trademark registration sites; you can find your country's website by searching it online. Moreover, when you fill the form, you would be able to get an application number with the help of which you will know that when your file will get approved.
- You can also fill trademark registration online quickly, and moreover, it is also a faster way than the offline process.
- After all the process is done, you will be the certificate of registration with the help of which you would be able to make everyone sure that you have bought that trademark. Moreover, after the registration process, you can also use them for any advertisement purpose.